Heavenly Honeymoon in Belize
Tuesday, February 11th, 2020
Newlyweds can craft a honeymoon for the ages from the sands to mountain jungles of Belize by focusing on the highlights. There are three timeless touchstones that make Belize heaven for honeymooners.
1. The Island Life
Get lost in the romance of Belize’s 450 secluded islands. Life slows down to the speed of love amid white sand beaches and the sparkling turquoise ocean as far as the eye can see.
Be sure to check out …
The largest island of Belize and former hangout for 17th-century pirates has it all. The 25-mile length of Ambergris Caye features endless beach adventures. Enjoy jetski and windsurfing excursions, sport fishing and sailing charters, beachfront cookouts and long lazy days on the sand sipping tropical drinks with your sweetie.
Ambergris Caye is also home to the lively little town of San Pedro, home to 10,000 year-round residents. This town belongs on the cover of a romance novel and will easily camp out as the cover image of your Facebook profile for years to come. Luxury hotels, beach bars, cheerful bistros, and friendly locals mingle with the swaying palm trees on your short, breezy walk to the beach. Try this location for a Belize honeymoon filled with nightlife and opportunities to enjoy a relaxed island culture.
Snorkeling and Diving
Ambergris Caye is a perfect jumping-off point for snorkeling and world-class diving expeditions in the Belize Barrier Reef, the second-largest barrier reef in the world. Legendary spots like Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley have a vast array of vivid angelfish, reef sharks, moray eels, nurse sharks, sea turtles, dolphins, and whale sharks. It is easy to get scuba certified as a newlywed couple with the islands many licensed outfitters.
Off the beaten path, fabulous dive spots and lodging can be found on Caye Caulker, Glover’s Reef Atoll, Turneff Islands, and the Lighthouse Reef Islands, your access point to the Great Blue Hole—a 124-meter-deep, perfectly round marine sinkhole that can be seen from space.
Beachfront Villas and Private Islands
Want to really get away from it all? Make your Belize honeymoon a once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a beachfront villa or—better yet—a private island!
Where to Stay:
- Matachica- Thirty private casitas on Ambergris Caye facing the Caribbean sea and the Belize Barrier Reef. Adults only and intimate honeymoon dreams await!!
- Victoria House- The height of luxury two miles south of San Pedro includes forty-two thatched-roof casitas and beachfront villas. Enjoy private pools and ocean views, fine dining and stellar attention to detail.
- Cayo Espanto- Featuring beachfront villas and private islands with semi-outdoor sleep rooms that open to panoramic ocean views. Cayo Espanto is the ultimate honeymoon getaway.
When booking with Central America Journeys we make sure all of your accommodations have special touches and services to help celebrate your vows and enjoy the most of this special time.
2. The Rainforest
Love grows wild beneath the lush canopy of the rainforest that blankets 60% of the country. Lovebirds should look for opportunities in …
This inland mountainous agricultural region of Belize is home to numerous national parks and nature preserves, which allow you to get up-close and personal with some of the most unique ecosystems on the planet. The Cayo District is also scattered with a wealth of cultural riches left behind by pre-Columbian Civilizations. Numerous jungle eco-lodges and boutique resorts are scattered throughout the region boasting some of the most romantic settings in Central America.
Mountain Pine Ridge
This 300-square-mile swath high in Maya Mountains is justly famous for its mix of pine and broadleaf forest. The panoramic scenery can be enjoyed from a variety of awe-inspiring opulent eco-lodges. Hike to your own private waterfall to enjoy a romantic day with your loved one.
Far from being a migratory route of hummingbirds, this is an actual paved highway, one of four major highways in Belize. Easily navigable by rental car, this paved and well-maintained highway puts peaceful villages and wildlife opportunities an easy drive away. Perfect for a romantic, spontaneous road trip through central Belize. The lush rainforest is perfect for taking in eco-adventure by day and romance by night.
Eco-Adventures and Eco-tourism
From bird watching to ziplining, horseback riding to cave tubing, inland Belize offers an endless supply of memorable and awe-inspiring opportunities for honeymooners. Share a romantic walk down nature trails punctuated by idyllic waterfalls and discover a whole new depth of love unspoiled by modern distractions.
Belize also offers some of the most magical caves to explore in the entire world. Some of our favorites are cave tubing through the crystal cathedral or rappelling down the magical black hole. The famous Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) cave tour is a one of kind experience and a “must-do” on everyone’s bucket list. Other exciting adventure tour options include ziplining and visiting the ancient Mayan ruins.
For couples who love history, the inner forests of Belize were the stomping grounds of the pre-Columbian superstars—the Maya. At sites like Xunantunich in the Cayo District, Caracol in the Mountain Pine Ridge, or Lamanai along Orange Walk, the spirit of the Maya endure. Discover local crafts, ancient stone temples, and arresting visual art that continues to baffle scientists and lay visitors alike. If time permits, take a short excursion across the border into Guatemala to see the ruins at Tikal. Many believe it is the most awe-inspiring Mayan archaeology site in all of Central America.
Where to Stay:
- Blancaneaux- Established by filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola, this 20-room luxury resort is secluded amid breathtaking waterfalls in Mountain Pine Ridge.
- Sleeping Giant- Take a dip in a private plunge pool and sip coffee or tea from your terrace. Admire mountain and river views in this rustic resort off the Hummingbird Highway.
- Chaa Creek- This Cayo District ecolodge sits adjacent to one of the most exciting Mayan excavation sites, a largely unexplored satellite of Xunantunich and hotbed of Mayan cultural discovery.
Let us take care of the booking and we’ll do our best to pamper you thoroughly and get you the best views, service, and accommodations.
3. The Southern Coast
The southern coast of Belize offers a whole different flavor of beach life and culture, including …
The largest town in southern Belize is dominated by the Garifuna people, unique to Central America. The Garifuna retain dazzling connections to their pre-Columbian roots found in their unique crafts, vibrant drumming music, and soulful culture.
This tiny resort village at the tip of the Placencia peninsula boasts white sand beaches, spectacular romantic beachfront resorts. It also provides access to the Belize Barrier Reef and vast local tours including natural habitat for manatees and saltwater crocodiles.
Luxury Beachfront Resorts and Private Islands
Like in the northern islands, the southern Caribbean coast of Belize is rife with oceanfront resorts, even opportunities to enjoy the ultimate honeymoon on your own private island.
Where to Stay:
- Thatch Caye- Five miles off the coast of Dangriga, Thatch Caye is aptly named for its five thatched-roof over-the-water bungalows … the deserted-island experience at its finest.
- Turtle Inn- Another Francis Ford Coppola production, this secluded luxury beachfront resort offers romantic thatched-roof cabanas just steps from the beach, with the option of outdoor showers, butler service, and private pools. The onsite spa offers couples massages and other ways to pamper and indulge while on honeymoon.
- Naia- Named after Greek water nymphs, the beachfront studios of Naia exudes romance and luxury from their exposed wood beams, soaring ceilings, outdoor showers, and thoughtful amenities like a plunge pool and yoga studio.
We are Belize honeymoon and Central America travel specialists with a long history of crafting sumptuous and romantic honeymoons in some of the most idyllic places on earth. We’d love to help you strike the perfect balance for your particular tastes and interests. Whether that means completely unwinding at a single beach-front luxury villa or sculpting a unique multi-leg journey, in Central America or beyond, we are qualified and excited to make your dream a reality. Congratulations and best wishes for a long and joyous journey together!
Why not accept the gift of travel? Feel free to talk to us about how to start a wedding honeymoon registry.
If your wanderlust is calling, why not start by filling in our travel inquiry form or give us a call at (877) 509-6033. We take the stress out of planning and deliver highly personalized travel packages and concierge services for individuals, families, and groups. Thanks again!
With an adventurous spirit,
Your friends at Central America Journeys
Download Your COMPLIMENTARY
Central America Traveler's Guide
- 11 Essential Tips for Family Travel with Kids
- 6 Tips for a Flawless Central America Honeymoon
- 12 Reasons Why You Should Use a Travel Agent
- And Many More Insider Pro Tips